Almond Banana Bread
I used to always associate banana bread with something that would only be made when there were some very brown and very shrunken bananas in the corner. As it happens now, we don’t often have over ripe bananas and given Nigel Slater’s recent comment around using bananas for baking however their form, I used the usual yellow-with-a-few-brown-spots bananas recently and it was just as good as ever.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4tsp baking soda
- 2-3 medium bananas
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 175C and butter a loaf pan and line with baking parchment
- Combine all dry ingredients thoroughly in a food processor
- Add all wet ingredients into the processed and combine until a very smooth batter is formed, resembling pancake batter. If it’s too dry, add in 1 egg yolk or egg white - if it’s too wet, add in 1tbsp coconut flour.
- Pour into the loaf pan, and bake for 45mins. Check using a skewer if it’s cooked through - it should come out dry. If it’s still a little wet, cover the top with foil to stop further browning and pop in the oven for another 10mins
- When done, leave to cool in the tin